Small Manufacturing Business Expansion Program
As part of the state of Oregon's effort to support the growth of existing Oregon businesses, this program provides funding assistance, in the form of forgivable loans, for small manufacturing businesses' expansion projects.
This program is no longer accepting applications, as all funding has been awarded. If we receive additional funding in the future, we will announce it here.
All of the following must be met to be eligible under program; however, meeting the criteria does not guarantee approval of a loan from the program.
- is a legally formed entity, authorized to conduct business in the state of Oregon
- is in compliance with federal, state and local laws
- has a physical location in Oregon
- manufactures a product or adds value to a natural resource
- is part of one of the growth industries
- has been in business for at least two years
- has revenue from the sale of its product for at least one year
- has a least one employee (or plans to create at least one FTE as a result of the project) but has no more than 25 employees
- provides funding, from its own or other sources, for at least 50% of the cost of the project
- submits a complete application
- complies with federal, state and local laws
- and the budget include all elements necessary to achieve the proposed outcome(s)
- is supported by the local economic development partner
- Expansion projects can include, but are not limited to:
- Property/Building Acquisition
- New Construction
- Building Renovation
- Employee Training (outside training costs only; employee wages (OJT) not eligible)
- Program is capitalized with state Lottery Funds
- Maximum available to an applicant is $50,000
- Award is based on two years (at full operation) of estimated incremental personal income taxes that the state would collect from new employees at the above pay scale
This program is no longer accepting applications, as all funding has been awarded. If we receive additional funding in the future, we will post the application procedure here.
Oregon Economic Development
Category: OR State Incentives
More OR State Incentives